Sarn Helen: North to South Wales MTB
Sarn Helen: North Wales to South Wales MTB
Starting 17th August 2017 Contour is leading and supporting the Sarn Helen Long Distance MTB Ride starting in Conwy, North Wales and finishing at Worms Head, Gower Peninsula, South Wales. This eleven day MTB Marathon will be fully guided, allowing you to concentrate on the riding while Contour's guides look after the navigation and route finding. Contour will also be providing all administrative and maintenance backup, before, during and after each day's riding as required. To maximise the experience we are limiting the expedition to 8 people, so book your place soon to avoid missing out on this ride of a lifetime.
"Not to be missed, thrilling varied riding, through some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, with the opportunity to vist Coed y Brenin, Penmachno and others on route."Jonathan, Machynlleth, March 2012
What you will need
See our Equipment and Packing list for advice on what you need to bring for this activity.
Accommodation and Transport
See our Accommodation and Transport page for advice on options available.
The expedition is scheduled to take 10 days, a day for administration at the start and finish, leaving 8 days for cycling:
- Day 1 - Pre-expedition administration day
- Day 2 - Conwy to Dolwyddelan (57km)
- Day 3 - Dolwyddelan to Dolgellau (47km)
- Day 4 - Dolgellau to Machynlleth (33km)
- Day 5 - Machynlleth to Devil's Bridge (36km)
- Day 6 - Devil's Bridge to Rhayader (58km)
- Day 7 - Rhayader to Builth Wells (26km)
- Day 8 - Builth Wells to Ystradfellte (58km)
- Day 9 - Ystradfellte to Worms Head, Gower Peninsula (84.5km)
- Day 10 - Post expedition administration day
- Fully guided, you concentrate on the riding and we will take care of the route planning and navigation.
- Travelling support vehicle to provide mechanical and medical support if required.
- Contour responsible for all camp administration, which includes establishing camps at overnight stops; preparation of meals; transport of bags.
- Transport to and from a mainline rail station at the start and finish of the tour included.
- Should you wish to only ride a specific section then Contour can arrange for transport to and from the nearest rail station on route.